Monday, November 7, 2011

Garden Haven

I've caught the gardening bug!

On top of the godzillions things i need to do , i had to add a new hobby to my list. Was inspired by a home i visited a couple weeks back where the owner ( single dude ) was into everything natural and tropical and grew a lovely herb garden in front of his house.

So off i went to the Sg Buloh Green Lane stretch in search of plants that strike me fancy. But a little birdie told me that's not where the cheap stuff are . Apparently the stretch of road near the Sg Buloh hospital is even better , hosting many gardeners / nurseries selling garden plants , herbs and pretty much anything you can possibly grow in this climate.

I drove to the very end of the road, constantly keeping an eye out at the many choices offered on my right and left. At the very end of the road almost metres away from the electrical tower, there it was - a fantastic row of blooming blue hydrangeas just waving at the afternoon breeze soaking in the sun.



It was perfect!

So i hopped down , got me two pots and tonnes of gardening tips ( half of which i dont remember by the time i hop back in the car ) from the friendly lady owner. I was advised to water them 3 times a day if placed under the hot sun , once if under shade, fertilize and spray organic insecticide  once every 10 days. Got it.

Lets hope they're still alive by end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment