Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Inspired by Nature

I'm swamped with work .

The baby's almost due and the harder I work , more work seem to land on my lap . Coupled with lack of mobility thanks to this big belly , its harder for me to get anywhere now unless hubby sends me. Since doc said that baby looks like she's popping out early , I need to get all custom dresses orders out before I go on maternity leave.Which means i'm pretty much hybernating at my sewing studio or at home .

Dont know how other people do it , but for me , I need to get seriously inspired before I can design . That's just how I roll. Lately i've taken in a lot of inspiration from my newly acquired gardening hobby. In the past i'd open magazines for design inspirations, but lately i find that my modest garden does just the same .



This is my daughter Aisyah's Begonia plant. I love the rounded , papery , bright colored flowers and the big leaves. Its got somewhat of a soft stem and thus far looks like its doing ok in the shaded area of the porch. It reminds me of a fabric I brought back from overseas some time back with a rustic English roses prints all over , which I havent made into anything because tak ada idea nak buat apa , until now.


So this is the final result after adding a green sash and ribbon roses to the bow . Dont mind the watery patch in teh background , i'm always doing three four things at the same time . Was watering the garden + taking photos + rushing to my appointment = some Photoshop work needed.

Anyhow , this is my latest collection which you can find in Little Haven Boutique , The Curve. 03-77108419.

No comments:

Post a Comment